Saturday, July 03, 2004

One Year Later

Funny thing happened today. I was kinda bored and as usual, I began reading other people's away messages. So I ran across my roommate (Steve White) and read some of his blog postings. Then I realized I had started one of my own last April. But of course, it's been over a year so I didn't even remember my username or password. Somehow I guessed what email address I had used and was able to log in again with a new password that I just blanked on at the moment. Anyway, so I posted a comment on one of his blogs, hopefully others will read it and cherish my thoughts forever. Then it got me thinking, I got some down time now, I should post one, especially one year later. So here goes....

It's been a year since I graduated and a lot of things have happened. I'll take you down a quick memory lane..

After graduation I...

- Went to Thailand for a month and had a great time with Jeff and my mom. I enjoyed my time there because I learned a lot about myself, how much I valued being Thai and having Thai roots. People in Thailand have such uncompromising generosity towards everyone; that they make everyone feel welcome. I guess that's where I learned to be the friendly, out-going person that I am today. (*pats shoulder). At the same time, however, my grandfather's failing health worsened and it got to a point where he couldn't even get out of bed. I was really lucky being one of the few grandchildren who got to take care of him. He passed away in August.

-Struggled finding a full-time job. KIIS turned me down because they had just finished hiring people for the summer. But I guess I had some good karma left, I got a call two weeks later and got a position to be a show producer for one of the morning show's personalities. He fired me a week later but my boss, Kevin Seki (at that time), kept me because I guess he thought I was a good kid. I've been there ever since, trying to work my way up to something full-time but nothing so far. I'm not giving up.

-Moved back home and stayed there until May 2004. I moved out the first week of May into a cute apartment in Burbank (2.88 miles from KIIS). My roommate is a straight white guy and he's totally awesome. We make a really good roommate match.

-Started dating someone a few weeks ago. He's really cute for someone a bit older than me (12 years older), though it's going really great so far. I'm not gonna say much more cuz I don't wanna jinx it.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. Life is great, work is great, love life is great. My relationship with my parents have gotten 100 times better since I've moved out. It's like I actually have time to miss my mom though I miss coming home with food on the table. I gotta resort back to my college days again..haha. I'll survive..I'll survive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home